* * * * * 3 votes

Woogieramafor what which him to find his way back to.

18408 replies to this topic

#18401 dadfad

dadfad

dadfad

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,117 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: dadfad

Posted 12 July 2022 - 02:35 PM

Mechanical. Inertial Transference and Displacement Specialty. Kind of a niche thing. I design machines and machining systems to produce a given product where multiple tools on a single machine are being used at the same time to create a finished product. The "trick" is timing the tooling and their functions, feed-rates, gearing-systems, etc being used to get in, perform their function  and stay out of the way or get out of the way of the other functions going on. Instead of making a product one function at a time, and then on to the next, being able to use simultaneous functions reduces the cost tremendously. A typical "widget" (plumbing-part, brake-line connector, medical- part, auto-part, what-have-you) might take ten or fifteen minutes or more to make using single-function machines. A well-designed multi-function machine can shave that time down to ten or fifteen seconds per piece.

Actually it's relatively old-school technology. The same functions can be done on a more modern CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) machine, however that's typically either single-function or  consecutive-function and actually takes longer than the older mechanical machines. Any savings with the CNC machines is found in that they can run all day and night in a dark shop almost unattended. Or for very short runs of parts, maybe only a few hundred or so, and then more easily changed-over to make a new part with just a different program. Also actually very few typical machinists' skills are required. A relatively unskilled operator can just enter a program that's provided.

Building and setting up a dedicated machine is more expensive than changing a program, however once the machine is set up properly with the correct tooling and timing, that machine can run literally millions of parts much much faster than a CNC machine. Not to mention CNC machines are typically built less durable and only last a few years before they're basically expensive scrap metal. I've redesigned systems for older machines that once produced 30-caliber bullets and tank turrets for World War II into machines that now make sophisticated medical-devices and electronic components.

Interesting, sort of I guess... But not like picking up an old Gibson and playing a Blind Blake tune! LOL!!!

Un-plugged is not the same as never-was-plugged-in-to-begin-with.

John Jackson -My Teacher and My Old Friend

When the roll is called up yonder he'll be there...

#18402 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,785 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 24 July 2022 - 09:36 AM

https://www.bbc.com/...europe-62286017

We done made'm too smart

#18403 Derfio Naharis

Derfio Naharis

The thing that should not expect to be.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Original Name: Mr. Miles

Posted 03 September 2022 - 12:38 AM

We? I didn't make shit, Jack.

Whatever.

#18404 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,785 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 06:47 AM

I had you pegged as a content creator for sure

#18405 Derfio Naharis

Derfio Naharis

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 11:34 PM

Hey, butt drawings/paintings aren't responsible for cheating, chess-playing robits okay. 

Edit: Petty was not the right word to use, but I couldn't think of the right one so you get 'cheating' instead. 

Edited by Derfio Naharis, 05 September 2022 - 11:37 PM.

Whatever.

#18406 Derfio Naharis

Derfio Naharis

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 11:38 PM

Fuck, I guess I just took the time to edit a post in the fucking spam thread. To what, save space? Dumb.

Whatever.

#18407 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,785 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 05:02 AM

If you ever want someone to talk for 10 minutes about some shit you don't care about, ask them about their job..

#18408 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• 64,785 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 05:11 AM

I'm getting to be a very unlikable man in my middle age.

#18409 Derfio Naharis

Derfio Naharis

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 11:28 PM

Still more likeable than most I bet. You're the guy! The guy with the thing what is chill etc. 

If you ever want someone to talk for 10 minutes about some shit you don't care about, ask them about their job..

Word. I've also heard that asking questions with a number for an answer will make it seem like you're engaged in the boring conversation. How long have you worked that job? What kind of hours do they have you working? What kinda salary are we talking here? How many cameras are in that building? What are the closing hours? What is the safe combination etc. 

Edited by Derfio Naharis, 17 October 2022 - 11:30 PM.

Whatever.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...