Jump to content

- - - - -

Question for Drummers

No replies to this topic

#1 Nealio



  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,513 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

What do you call that beat, (I'm fairly sure there's a drummers technical term for it) where the snare drum plays twice as fast as it normally plays? For example, if you take a bog standard drum beat kick-snare-kick-snare-kick-snare etc, and it changes to snare-snare-snare-snare-snare-snare etc.
It's usually one done in certain parts of a song. For example in the chorus or building up a crescendo at the end.
The chorus of Dakota by the Stereophonics springs to mind. Go to the chorus at 0:51

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address


Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...