- - - - -

Recording on AudacityI was recording vocals and i hear this lag in the background.

1 reply to this topic

#1 PinkPanda12345

PinkPanda12345
  • New
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: PinkPanda12345

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

I've tried fixing the latency but it wouldn't work. Is there a way to just not hear myself when I'm recording? Because a just until yesterday, I didn't hear myself when I was recording. But I don't know what happened today. It just started playing back what I was recording when I was recording. It got so confusing. I already have unboxed (unclicked) on the Software Playthrough (?) but I can still hear the lag. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks! 

Ooh and I forgot to mention my pc is Windows.

Edited by PinkPanda12345, 29 March 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#2 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:33 AM

Haven't used Audacity in a long time, but from memory, I think there was a "monitor" setting somewhere on it. You need to turn this off, and then you won't be "hearing yourself".

However, it's a far better option to buy some sort of a DAW (even a cheap one will do). It's like a USB hub for a guitar. You plug your guitar into the DAW, and the DAW into a USB port on your PC. This will eliminate any latency. They vary in price from about €30 and upwards.

Another option is to down load the free ASIO4ALL plugin, which is 100% free. It's supposed to reduce latency to a low enough standard (at least low enough not to be noticeable by ear). I know a lot of people who have used it successfully, although I've never used it myself so I can't vouch for it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...