- - - - -

What's bummed you out today?As in sadness Reese, not your drunken roommate as you pretend to be asleep

191 replies to this topic

#41 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,816 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

we should all just be ombudsmans. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#42 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,510 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

You're the most handsome member of GTU, James. 

#43 TheNewSponge

TheNewSponge
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Original Name: TheNewSponge

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

anxiety sucks arse hard mate, I feels ya bro

Thanks Woody. The anxiety is not mine this time. Mine is a sort of constant hum, easily ignorable but hell when it's too quiet. My wife's anxiety though, is a holy-shit-shut-everything-the-fuck-down kind of anxiety. Lucky that it only happens every few years, and that we have good strategies for getting through it. 

#44 kuger

kuger

Girth Traction

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Original Name: kuger

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

Having a nice beer on Sunday watching football. Then everyone at the bar getting angry about black panther salutes while honoring the victims of 9/11.

Feeling bummed because I see both sides, and there's no answer.

There's nothing like a hot milkshake on a cold day.

Life's a journey, not a destination. - Aerosmith

#45 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,510 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:12 AM

Booker, you'll pay for that.

#46 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,816 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:13 AM

yeah probably ill give you a blowjob

#47 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

You're the most handsome member of GTU, James.

That's so nice, Neal. It's good to see the loving side of GTU.
Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#48 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,510 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

really, theres no need

#49 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

really, theres no need

So much love, so much love.

Herr Who?

Posted Image

#50 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,816 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:57 AM

really, theres no need

whip it the fuck out boii

#51 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

Started learning Postmortem by Slayer...got too tired after about 15 minutes and failed to make any progress. Ufff.
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#52 adds

adds
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,234 posts
  • Original Name: adds

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

Fucking suitcases on wheels that's what it is today. When the fuck are they going to ban those things. I don't meant the great big holiday type ones but the lazy business type nob heads with cases the size of a fucking shoe box dragging it behind them tripping people up. Just pick it up yoy lazy cunts

That's all I have for today they really pissed me off today more that people wearing back packs on public transport. I hate them to bastards.

#53 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Original Name: ReditusMusic

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:32 PM

https://www.buzzfeed...vGoy#.nkoYJ6baj This crazy fuckin world. I don't care what you choose to mutilate on yourself, what you fuck or marry, but I am very bothered by offering children a choice in gender. When I was a kid I dressed as a dalmation because I loved dogs, but I didn't demand to shit in the neighbor's yard. 

#54 w00dy

w00dy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • Original Name: w00dy

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

but isn't that the point, that you don't have a choice? why does it bother us so much if kids accidentally see a bit of each others skin. i mean really, so what if they do? make them all get changed in front of each other, what a embarrassment horror show that would be, or let them all get changed in isolation and reinforce the idea of body shame. why is it ok for boys to see other boys naked and girls to see other girls naked? are no kids gay in america. if the child in the article identifies as a boy and the other kids accept him as one, so fucking what, why do you need guidelines? why interfere in someone else's identity struggle, its not like you'll catch transgenderism off the toilet seat or nowt

Edited by w00dy, 15 September 2016 - 12:29 AM.

------->Numbers<-------

^^latest musics^^

go on give it a listen, it's good.

#55 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,816 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:11 AM

https://www.buzzfeed...vGoy#.nkoYJ6baj This crazy fuckin world. I don't care what you choose to mutilate on yourself, what you fuck or marry, but I am very bothered by offering children a choice in gender. When I was a kid I dressed as a dalmation because I loved dogs, but I didn't demand to shit in the neighbor's yard. 

Do you know any transgendered people?

#56 Nealio

Nealio

Stuff

• Ombudsman
  • 35,510 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Fucking suitcases on wheels that's what it is today. When the fuck are they going to ban those things. I don't meant the great big holiday type ones but the lazy business type nob heads with cases the size of a fucking shoe box dragging it behind them tripping people up. Just pick it up yoy lazy cunts

That's all I have for today they really pissed me off today more that people wearing back packs on public transport. I hate them to bastards.

Those cases are usually packed to the bollox, right on the 10kg weight limit. So carrying that around an airport can fuck right off. I'll take the wheels every single time. And yes, I'm one of those business type nob heads.

#57 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

It's not outrage at seeing skin it's the whole premise that you can choose your damn gender. Like I said, if you want to mutilate yourself, go for it; you're not hurting anyone, but quit making A hero out of these people. No, I don't know any transgender people, nor do I think it would really change my mind regarding applauding a child's choice to choose to live as the opposite gender. I don't hate or dislike the transgender community. We all engage in some form of self destructive behavior because it makes us "feel better", I just don't support filling a child's mind with the fantasy that it's as simple as a circle m or f choice. You're in for a world of medical risk and discomfort if you op to mutilate your natural organs and pump yourself with unnatural levels of hormones. I don't care if the person pissing next to me sIt's or stands. What's next? Identifying as a paraplegic to get better parking? It's one thing to dress and act in a way that makes you comfortable; it's a dangerous thing to start championing genital mutilation and hormone therapy when youre biologically something else.

#58 crab man

crab man

no entiendo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,748 posts
  • Original Name: GilmourIsGod

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

You may not find many sympathetic ears around here.

#59 Jay Kay

Jay Kay
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

I didn't imagine I would, but I'm not speaking for sympathy, just answering the thread. Bums me out for sure. I respect the opinions here and appreciate not receiving the knee jerk SJW "you're a bigot" response. Just bothers me a lot. No I'm not a Trump supporter, no I'm not myopic, yes I am pro liberty in all forms, I'm just against trusting a child to make such a choice, and being groomed to embrace it without challenging them.

#60 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,816 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

It's . . . outrage at . . .  the whole premise that you can choose your damn gender.

Agreed, you can't choose your gender. Unfortunately for trans people, their brain chemistry does not align with the sex assigned to them at birth. Sometimes kids are born with both male and female sex organs; doctors flip a coin and assign sex. Sometimes this doesn't match the gender of the child's brain. 

quit making A hero out of these people

The advancement of civil rights is a victory worth celebrating. 

No, I don't know any transgender people, nor do I think it would really change my mind regarding applauding a child's choice to choose to live as the opposite gender

You aren't intended to applaud the child or their choice. You are intended to applaud the advancement of civil rights. I only asked because knowing someone who is part of a marginalised group often gives insight into the human angle of civil rights. 

We all engage in some form of self destructive behavior because it makes us "feel better", I just don't support filling a child's mind with the fantasy that it's as simple as a circle m or f choice. 

You're right again. If it were as simple as male or female, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Here's a handy venn diagram. 

558fd9c0d3c979c859371fca3d52e790.jpg

You're in for a world of medical risk and discomfort if you op to mutilate your natural organs and pump yourself with unnatural levels of hormones.

Which is a scary thought for most trans people who are transitioning. I couldn't imagine my sense of self being predicated on accepting costly and (sometimes) dangerous medical treatments. 

What's next? Identifying as a paraplegic to get better parking?

A super common fallacious argument. Here are some resources to help you avoid it! 

See: McClellan, Bill (2013-10-27). "Normality creeping on". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 2014-08-03, "Bioethics and Bad Reasoning: The Slippery Slope of Using Slippery Slope Arguments". TheUndisciplined. April 21, 2014,  Volokh, Eugene (2003), The Mechanisms of the Slippery Slope (PDF), 116 Harv. L. Rev. 1026 2002-2003

It's one thing to dress and act in a way that makes you comfortable; it's a dangerous thing to start championing genital mutilation and hormone therapy when youre biologically something else.

Agreed, conditionally. Your take on the following: a child is born with both a penis and a vagina. The child feels like a girl in their head, however we as a society deem it inappropriate for this child to make a decision that would involve medication or surgery and the state backs this view with legislation. Growing up this child dresses like a girl, but certain male hormones still flood their brain, causing facial hair and a cracking voice. At age 17, while using a women's washroom, the child is beaten to within an inch of their life. Two days later they turn 18 and can now make a decision that doesn't violate your moral code. 

Better?

Not in my opinion, but that's the thing about opinions. However, it is also my opinion that it is not my place to suggest legislation beyond hoping that the affected community is given a voice. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...