#21 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,816 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

I'd be a tortoise. Those guys are great. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#22 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

The diet is a bit.....lettucy
Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#23 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • 38,816 posts
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

Or pumpkin. 

funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic

#24 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

Hmmm. Go on....I could get into this tortoise thing...
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#25 adds

adds
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,234 posts
  • Original Name: adds

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

I've lost several over the years. It's hard like loosing anyone but you just got to deal with it. As has been said it gets easier over time. Nothing last forever. Sometimes I think that's what life is all about, loosing that is. None of us are getting out of hear alive its just the way it is. Everyone deals with things in different ways I try to just keep busy and take my mind off things. Getting another pet can help as has been suggested. The rescue idea is nice I think. Giving an animal a chance that otherwise wouldn't have one. Years ago I found out this guy was fighting this dog. So me and my brother went round there put the door through and gave the guy a bit of a hiding. I got this dog out the cage all cut and bleeding, ears all torn etc and got him to a vet. Cost me a fortune but that dog became my best mate. I was gutted when I lost him. But really you just have to take it on the chin and deal with it however you can. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edited by adds, 02 November 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#26 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

Herr to the throne...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:37 AM

Good on 'yer Adds.
Herr Who?

Posted Image

#27 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts
  • Original Name: richey

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

I'd be the cat. Basically i'd just rather be any animal who doesn't have the same consciousness as humans. Humans think, and feel, more than animals and it's a curse really.
My anger is a form of madness
And so I'd rather have hope than sadness

#28 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

Well done adds. And thanks - all good advice. I'm starting to pull myself together.

#29 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

Quick update. One of the things I'm doing is donating to cat charities, just in honour of my little buddy. Every Christmas I pick a couple of charities to support (I mean as well as giving gifts to family/friends, not instead of that, I'm not that mean) and this year I am splitting it between Cats Protection and the RSPCA. Cats Protection, as well as rescuing and rehoming etc, have help for people who have lost pets: http://www.cats.org....idance-leaflets which I think is a great idea and might help people. (That's why I'm posting this here, in case others want to read them, not going hey look at me supporting charities. And yes I know its a not even December yet but I try and donate in plenty of time for them to use the money in time for Christmas) 

#30 w00dy

w00dy
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts
  • Original Name: w00dy

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

richey do you have a photo that displays your kats innermost bessie mateness most? i want to do some pet portraits to sell and shit and you'd be doing me a favour and ill do you a nice drawing and shit

------->Numbers<-------

^^latest musics^^

go on give it a listen, it's good.

#31 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

No... thanks anyway.

#32 mikelakeland

mikelakeland
  • New
  • 2 posts
  • Location:Corporate Headquarters - 5303, South Florida Avenue
  • Original Name: mikelakeland

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:51 AM

So sad. sorry to hear that.

#33 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

had to put down my fury friend last Saturday night. His name was max. He was a black lab. We loved Max. Max loved us.

R.I.P. Max.

Seriously, though, it was a pretty shitty week. I miss that fury guy. He was such a sweet dog, and he lived a good life. We spoiled the fuck out of him, and we felt his love in return.  

------------------------------------------------

#34 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:41 AM

had to put down my fury friend last Saturday night. His name was max. He was a black lab. We loved Max. Max loved us.

R.I.P. Max.

Seriously, though, it was a pretty shitty week. I miss that fury guy. He was such a sweet dog, and he lived a good life. We spoiled the fuck out of him, and we felt his love in return.  

Really sorry to hear that mate. It's not easy. I will always miss my little dude. 

#35 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,998 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

I have lost a few pets in the past, and it is always hard as pets are family members. And as you know i have suffered a great loss this year. Grief hits you time and time again, and usually when you least expect it, don't hold back that grief, let it flow. As John said, time is the only healer, and you need the time to come to terms with your loss. Don't rush out and get a new pet until you feel ready to take one in. I feel (just my opinion) that you need to come to terms with your loss, before getting a replacement, then you will feel more able to show the love that the new pet will need in order for it to settle into it's new home.

Remember you will always carry your loved ones in your heart. and carry the many fond memories with you for the rest of your life. :)

#36 awesem

awesem
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,578 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Continually
  • Original Name: embilly

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:16 AM

As you know I'm so so sorry for your loss Ian. I've been trying to prepare myself for Binkeys goodbye for a few years now but I dont think there's any way to prepare really. Its gonna hurt like a bitch. She turned 21 in Nov. I agree with Rick, to not rush a replacement, but getting a rescue kitty is a thoroughly awesome thing to do as you clearly are a caring pet parent. I hope that time is easing your hurt. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

th_tired.gifsidetoside.gifflhumpy0.gif

#37 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thank you Rick, I totally agree with all that. I'm not going to rush out and get a new cat - I've still got one (I had two) and I'm showering her with love now. It made me feel guilty of the times I didn't treat them so well - like when I stopped them from going in my bedroom when they had fleas. It's not their fault, they don't understand, so she's allowed back on my bed again now. Stuff like that. 

Thoughts are with you of course Rick - a much bigger loss obviously. Hope you're holding up OK. You're right about time. It never goes away but I guess just becomes a little easier to deal with. 

Thank you Em. Don't know what I'd do without you being so understanding. :) 

#38 Fender2.0

Fender2.0

Brandon

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Original Name: fenderguitarfreak

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

R.I.P. Max.

Really sorry to hear that mate. It's not easy. I will always miss my little dude. 

I appreciate that, man. Sorry for your loss ass well.

------------------------------------------------

#39 Grandpa FrankyZ

Grandpa FrankyZ

What is your conceptual continuity?

• GZ Regular
  • 29,998 posts
  • Original Name: frankyz84

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Thank you Rick, I totally agree with all that. I'm not going to rush out and get a new cat - I've still got one (I had two) and I'm showering her with love now. It made me feel guilty of the times I didn't treat them so well - like when I stopped them from going in my bedroom when they had fleas. It's not their fault, they don't understand, so she's allowed back on my bed again now. Stuff like that. 

Thoughts are with you of course Rick - a much bigger loss obviously. Hope you're holding up OK. You're right about time. It never goes away but I guess just becomes a little easier to deal with. 

Thanks Ian, It is still early days yet, and i still greatly feel the loss of Sharon, but i am learning to move on. Work and band help greatly, and i enjoy gigging and throw myself into it. The loss of a pet cannot be underestimated, and grief surely follows as much as losing a friend, or family member. So glad you let you other cat back on the bed. Since Sharon has been gone, both my dogs sleep on the bed, and i find great comfort in that.

#40 richey

richey
  • 34,159 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

Thanks Ian, It is still early days yet, and i still greatly feel the loss of Sharon, but i am learning to move on. Work and band help greatly, and i enjoy gigging and throw myself into it. The loss of a pet cannot be underestimated, and grief surely follows as much as losing a friend, or family member. So glad you let you other cat back on the bed. Since Sharon has been gone, both my dogs sleep on the bed, and i find great comfort in that.

That's good Rick. Weirdly, I decided to start playing guitar again - it's not going well! (Tried to restring it and keep snapping the high E string. I think i'm tuning it too high but my tuner is knackered.) Throwing yourself into work can be therapeutic. 

Yeah, I think cats and dogs have personalities and they are affected by the loss of loved ones too. My remaining cat used to be quiet and aloof but she's been wandering around crying, and comes for cuddles a lot more. I think she misses the other one (who was her son). You just kinda cope together. They are family members really. Thoughts are with you Rick. Your GTU family are always here of course :) 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...