Jump to content


- - - - -

R.I.P.


70 replies to this topic

#21 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Sorry mate, you lost me at "a lot of internal teams...."  :sadbuttrue:



#22 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Sounds sexual. 


funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic


#23 redharmony

redharmony

    shreddin' the blues

  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miami, FL
  • Original Name: redharmony

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

Sorry mate, you lost me at "a lot of internal teams...."  :sadbuttrue:

 

well lets not miss the forrest for the trees. this forum is F'd. but the community can be saved it just needs to move to a new platform (or ideally, a new site but i dont have that capability). i feel good about the it, i think everyone would adjust fine. Six, lets set it up, whats there to lose at this point?


Sorry mate, you lost me at "a lot of internal teams...."  :sadbuttrue:

 

well lets not miss the forrest for the trees. this forum is F'd. but the community can be saved it just needs to move to a new platform (or ideally, a new site but i dont have that capability). i feel good about the it, i think everyone would adjust fine. Six, lets set it up, whats there to lose at this point?


I used to shred, now I draw. 


#24 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm up for anything. But is this not something Rob should be deciding?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 spacecrumbs

spacecrumbs
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,367 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Not there
  • Original Name: spacecrumbs

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

Probably easier to fix this place than move it tho



#26 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

I like fixing. If we could get Rob to confirm whether or not he cares to keep this place running. Realistically he's probably paying money he'd rather not. It's a convo that should be had. 


funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic


#27 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

What James said.



#28 redharmony

redharmony

    shreddin' the blues

  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miami, FL
  • Original Name: redharmony

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

I like fixing. If we could get Rob to confirm whether or not he cares to keep this place running. Realistically he's probably paying money he'd rather not. It's a convo that should be had. 

 

if a web developer is needed i can find someone. DM me if you need to, Six 


I used to shred, now I draw. 


#29 scsbassbabytaz

scsbassbabytaz
  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:australia
  • Original Name: scsbassbabytaz

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Damn the spam has gotten real bad here. :(
"You don't even know Tara, so how woulld you know he's cooler than her? I like Gus, but he sure as hell has nothing on Taz, she's much cooler than at least 90% of gtu, and just as cool as the remaining 10%"-soulcracker


#30 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Welcome back :)

 

Yeah, it's awful. Rob seems to have given up on the site. Traffic isn't what it used to be either. And the site also goes through phases of not loading, which makes deleting the spam next to impossible.



#31 scsbassbabytaz

scsbassbabytaz
  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:australia
  • Original Name: scsbassbabytaz

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:26 AM

Yea, I had a look around and was happy to see a few old faces still here. I just had life get in the way, what you think was only a few months turn into a few years >.< with so much social media etc these days a lot of the old forums seem to be struggling.
"You don't even know Tara, so how woulld you know he's cooler than her? I like Gus, but he sure as hell has nothing on Taz, she's much cooler than at least 90% of gtu, and just as cool as the remaining 10%"-soulcracker


#32 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

We do what we can to keep the tradition alive, ha! 

 

Things mostly fell apart with the Woggie thing. Damn.


funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic


#33 scsbassbabytaz

scsbassbabytaz
  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:australia
  • Original Name: scsbassbabytaz

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

Now I'm going to have to hunt down to see what happened with woggie.
"You don't even know Tara, so how woulld you know he's cooler than her? I like Gus, but he sure as hell has nothing on Taz, she's much cooler than at least 90% of gtu, and just as cool as the remaining 10%"-soulcracker


#34 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Now I'm going to have to hunt down to see what happened with woggie.

Ah, it's really sad.



#35 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

    Herr to the throne...

  • Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Herr, There & Everywhere (Chicago)
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

Right. I've decided to be all active and see if it can encourage other people to be active. That and I really don't want to do my work today.


Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#36 sixgunsound

sixgunsound
  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,802 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: sixgunsound

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

I'm active !


funny-pilots-blooper-airplane-comedy-pic


#37 kuger

kuger

    Girth Traction

  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aotearoa bro ;)
  • Original Name: kuger

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Had to happen sooner or later.


There's nothing like a hot milkshake on a cold day.

Life's a journey, not a destination. - Aerosmith


#38 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

    Herr to the throne...

  • Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Herr, There & Everywhere (Chicago)
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

That being said, every time it looks dead someone will post something. Admittedly the ratio of posts discussing the death of GTU has gone up massively...


Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."

#39 Nealio

Nealio

    Stuff

  • Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dundalk, Ireland
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: nealmac

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

There's just nothing remotely interesting about the place any more. Removing the tabs was the beginning of the end. Of course I understand why Rob did it. He didn't want the site to be shut down. But now there's a hint of irony in that removing the tabs has killed GTU off anyway.



#40 Herr Rararr

Herr Rararr

    Herr to the throne...

  • Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Herr, There & Everywhere (Chicago)
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: Herr Rararr

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

We also all know each other pretty darn well, taking away the spontaneity/surprise and humor of it. I keep saying 'that's it, I'm done', yet here I am still.  It'll all just disappear one day, which seems pretty apt.


Herr Who?

Posted Image

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo - music

"I used to be a legend but then I slipped into mediocrity..."



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob



Method #1: PayPal



Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.


E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]



Method #2: Bitcoin


Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code


Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...



Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

  13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  


Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...



Learn more about Bitcoin...