- - - - -

Forum DiscussionSuggestions/Requests/Comments/Etc.

112 replies to this topic

#101 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,784 posts
  • Donator:No
  • Original Name: dorio

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

If I get the chance I'll submit a bunch of albums that I doubt anyone will actually check out Posted Image.� And some DVD's.

If you'd take into account the number of views instead of replies you'd realize alot of guests are checking the reviews they came here via Google or whatever ...

Eminem ? We had no controversy since Tim Timberlake.... I'll let him in if you write It Posted Image

#102 pooponabagel

pooponabagel

Head Honcho of the GTU Pirates

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • Original Name: pooponabagel

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

I've recently submitted "The Holy Bible" by the Manic Street Preachers...please read it.
Oregon rocks
IPB Image

#103 tdintbl

tdintbl

The one and only Billy Shears

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts
  • Original Name: tdintbl

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

Well I have no life and just submitting a Godawfully long review of King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black. Might make pooponabagel happy, haha. I don't really appoligize for the length of my review because its all worthwhile stuff, it's (to my mind) very complete.

EDIT: Hmm, well, yeah. I think I'll just start making a crapload of reviews, I'm gonna go through my King Crimson catalog first, chronoligicallly, then move on to my Moody Blues catalog, and then just start piling through the rest of my cds. Considering there are well over 500 CDs in this house, this could take me a very long while.

Edited by tdintbl, 10 April 2006 - 09:57 AM.

Soundclick: Because I must join the herd!
"Home: where thought's escaping, home: where my music's playing, home: where my wife lies waiting silently for me."

#104 nate.

nate.

Ay, yo, this rap is like ziti.

• GZ Regular
  • 14,546 posts
  • Original Name: Nater11

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

im thinking of doing Vs from Pearl Jam. dont hold me to it, its just a thought. not sure when ill get around to it.

0e5efacb-b8f0-4d66-9f87-bd9292db5751_zps

Harry Allen on you bitch, I believe no hype.

#105 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • 17,784 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:34 AM

then move on to my Moody Blues catalog

Moody Blues! I've just realized we really miss some Moody Blues. Take your time, the reviews will be deeper.

#106 tdintbl

tdintbl

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

Moody Blues! I've just realized we really miss some Moody Blues. Take your time, the reviews will be deeper.

I'm busy researching poltergeists for my critical thinking class. I doubt I'll get to reviews again for quite some time, what with marching band and whatnot. I know The Who are reported to be a significant influence for the Moodies, and I just sat down yesterday and listened to their My Generation greatest hits package. Terrific, that same lyrical "British R&B" sound, mmmm...

"Home: where thought's escaping, home: where my music's playing, home: where my wife lies waiting silently for me."

#107 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • 17,784 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:06 AM

I'm busy researching poltergeists for my critical thinking class. I doubt I'll get to reviews again for quite some time, what with marching band and whatnot. I know The Who are reported to be a significant influence for the Moodies, and I just sat down yesterday and listened to their My Generation greatest hits package. Terrific, that same lyrical "British R&B" sound, mmmm...

I'd never have quoted the Who as a Moody Blues influence musically speaking, tho' the two bands were from the mods era and were wearing the same clothes. My Generation still does It for me. Good luck on your researches for your critical thinking class by the way...

#108 groovewithjamie

groovewithjamie
  • 3 posts
  • Original Name: groovewithjamie

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

I love to listen to jazz/blues music, so my collegue at umgd just lend me her new album and now she's always asking me when I'll give it back! (As soon as I get some time to go out and buy it!) Madeleine Peyroux is a great jazz singer that just came out with her new album, "Half the Perfect World". I'm in love with the album, and I listen to it every evening after work, I especially enjoy listening to "River", it's my favorite song. However, the whole album has excellent songs! I just wanted to share this with everyone and wonder if anyone has the same opinion? You can also listen to her songs from her website: www.madeleinepeyroux.com

#109 tdintbl

tdintbl

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

I just thought of the question: When we're rating 1-5 stars the reviews in here, are we rating our opinion of the album's quality or our opinion of the review's quality?

#110 dorio

dorio

Editor in Chief®

• Ombudsman
  • 17,784 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

To rate the album itself, by it's popularity, would be most unfair to the reviewer I think. No, rest assured, people are supposed to rate the quality of the review itself, eg. the writing skill, the informations given, the song analysis, the presentation in general, whether it's been helpful and informative. And obviously, the lenght. Who can appreciate one mini-review with more track-listing than actual reading? That's how we're supposed to rate them, by their value. Not the band or artist.

Like I wrote in the complaint/suggestions thread, that's how I personaly evaluate them:

* 5 - Awesome (brillant)
* 4 - Very good
* 3 - Good
* 2 - Interesting
* 1 - Not bad

NOTE: There is obviously no "bad" option because if it were that bad, it would not have been submitted here in the first place. We aim for quality not quantity.

(If people don't like a review, well they just don't rate it)

#111 galad

galad
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Original Name: galad

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Dredg - Leitmotif

Dredg - El Cielo

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
user posted image
hey, there's nothing wrong with looking (that's not me)

but this is
user posted image
:-)

#112 bobtom115

bobtom115
  • 1 posts
  • Original Name: bobtom115

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

Hi there, Would a new one like me be welcome here?
Thanks so much in deed.

pret personnel

Edited by bobtom115, 26 June 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#113 genroxbro

genroxbro
  • 2 posts
  • Original Name: genroxbro

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

welcome cool.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...