#22 Bert n Ernie

Bert n Ernie

allo allo

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Original Name: Bert n Ernie

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

the album was named after Mookie Blaylock's number, 10(NBA player in the 90's, i thnk was a pointguard for the Hawks) the band was originally named Mookie Blaylock too!

anyway, i just got 'Vs' earlier this week. PJ's 2nd album. it is good, but it is no Ten.

#23 blackened10

blackened10
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Original Name: blackened10

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:25 AM

I cant wait for the new one, MARCH 2! Ihope it is better than riot ACT

...the cat went to rehab

#24 kooldood1

kooldood1

the love is not enough

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts
  • Original Name: kooldood1

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:23 AM

the album was named after Mookie Blaylock's number, 10(NBA player in the 90's, i thnk was a pointguard for the Hawks) the band was originally named Mookie Blaylock too!

anyway, i just got 'Vs' earlier this week. PJ's 2nd album. it is good, but it is no Ten.

I think VS. is just as good as ten. I prefer the drumming on VS to ten but 10 had some great tracks on in. Theyre PJs best albums and i dont think they can ever beat them.

#25 nate.

nate.

Ay, yo, this rap is like ziti.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,546 posts
  • Original Name: Nater11

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

I am a huge Pearl Jam fan. I own every studio album they've released including rearveiw mirror and lost dogs. Plus I own around 10 of their live albums. But I want to say this is a great album, but I prefer No code over ten I mean both are briliant peices of work but its just a personal preference.
Eddie Vedder writes lyrics in such a unique way. Every song is so in depth. They all have messages that alot of people dont pick up on, such as his song "better man" its not just a song about a relationship its about not settling for less in life just because its their.
And also take "alive" for example the story line is intense. The father dies and leaves behind a wife and a son. As the son grows older genetics kick in and he begins to look more like his father. The mother still in love with and missing the father becomes attracted to the son because of his resemblance to the father.
Like the line "the look, the look, oh you know where now I can see" the look is in between her legs so now go back and listen the song if you have the album and peice it all together.

I am just amazed by their work never grow tired of it and looking forward to the release of their new album

i'm a big fan too. only have the 1st 3 albums though.(still want more!) its really cool what you said about the song messages n stuff. i really love Ten and Vs.

0e5efacb-b8f0-4d66-9f87-bd9292db5751_zps

Harry Allen on you bitch, I believe no hype.

#26 nate.

nate.

Ay, yo, this rap is like ziti.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,546 posts
  • Original Name: Nater11

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

I cant wait for the new one, MARCH 2! Ihope it is better than riot ACT

New Album was Shhhhhhit

I think VS. is just as good as ten. I prefer the drumming on VS to ten but 10 had some great tracks on in. Theyre PJs best albums and i dont think they can ever beat them.

True dat. Ten and VS are their best.

0e5efacb-b8f0-4d66-9f87-bd9292db5751_zps

Harry Allen on you bitch, I believe no hype.

#27 Deko

Deko
  • 34 posts
  • Original Name: DekoLP

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Definitely my biggest inspiration are Pearl Jam ... Especially Ten and Vs. ... Man those albums are B I G ! I also love the whole grunge era ( Pearl Jam, Stone temple pilots, Nirvana, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone , Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Mad Season etc.) so much inspiration in their music ...

#28 Deko

Deko
  • 34 posts
  • Original Name: DekoLP

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

The album is named by Mookie Blaylock's number, but he is a baseball player not basketball player :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...