13 replies to this topic

#1 Another ass ON the WALL

Another ass ON the WALL
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Original Name: Another ass ON the WALL

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:14 AM

I just unscrewed my strat's back plate, and there are alot of unknown white powder inside it, should i clear it up or just leave it there?

#2 TexasFlood00

TexasFlood00
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Original Name: TexasFlood00

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Another ass ON the WALL @ Feb 8 2004, 02:14 PM)
I just unscrewed my strat's back plate, and there are alot of unknown white powder inside it, should i clear it up or just leave it there?

It's probably from when they screwed everthing in for the trem unit. I don't remember but I recall having some saw dust backthere to At anyrate if it bothers you just clean it up.

#3 vomitblind

vomitblind
  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Original Name: vomitblind

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:34 AM

You should've checked your coke bag for any holes before you stashed it...j/k smile.gif
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#4 badasstommyboy

badasstommyboy

Badass

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,533 posts
  • Original Name: badasstommyboy

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:35 AM

i think thats a compound they use when doing something to the finish. Might be a buffing compound or something. I've had that on mine. It doesn't do any harm, and don't worry you havn't stumbled accross a music shops drug ring.

#5 Another ass ON the WALL

Another ass ON the WALL
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Original Name: Another ass ON the WALL

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (badasstommyboy @ Feb 8 2004, 01:35 PM)
i think thats a compound they use when doing something to the finish. Might be a buffing compound or something. I've had that on mine. It doesn't do any harm, and don't worry you havn't stumbled accross a music shops drug ring.

but i cleared them out, does that do any harm? and by the way, there are two screws which the springs of the tremelo is connected are not leveled evenly, should i adjust them?

#6 badasstommyboy

badasstommyboy

Badass

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,533 posts
  • Original Name: badasstommyboy

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Another ass ON the WALL @ Feb 8 2004, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (badasstommyboy @ Feb 8 2004, 01:35 PM)

but i cleared them out, does that do any harm? and by the way, there are two screws which the springs of the tremelo is connected are not leveled evenly, should i adjust them?

i don't think it will do any harm. If i'm correct then that white stuff was all over the body, and it was probably polished off, or rubbed off, its just that they missed a bit.

As for the springs, well, if it plays ok, and feels ok, then i'd leave it. Only change that if you have a good reason to, such as changing a string guage.

#7 KaZu

KaZu

King Kong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,772 posts
  • Original Name: KaZu

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

Anthrax laugh.gif

#8 bobdingwood

bobdingwood

i have a very sexy learning disorder...sexlexia

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts
  • Location:southern california aka nothern california (northern is slang for southern in california)
  • Original Name: bobdingwood

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:19 PM

i have the same stuff in my strat, i dont think it does any harm though, my springs are also slightly off, its supposed to be like that, dont mess with it unless someone besides the people that build it messed around with it

#9 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

Laws, as effective a deterrant as broken condoms for birth contr

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  • Original Name: pimp_vince

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (vomitblind @ Feb 8 2004, 01:34 PM)
You should've checked your coke bag for any holes before you stashed it...j/k smile.gif

F*CK that's brilliant, you could just put some drugs in your trem plate when crossing state/international lines (by car mind you). they wouldn't check there, they might open your case, but wouldn't open your guitar... unless the border guard plays guitar and has a really good sense of smell. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 youstolemynewspaper

youstolemynewspaper
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Original Name: youstolemynewspaper

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:07 PM

you should have snorted it just to be sure it wasnt coke/anthrax

#11 crimescenechalksketch

crimescenechalksketch
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Original Name: crimescenechalksketch

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:21 PM

laugh.gif Everytime i see this post up I read it again because i think its a new one about 'Mysterious Powers'. laugh.gif

F*CK that's brilliant, you could just put some drugs in your trem plate when crossing state/international lines (by car mind you). they wouldn't check there, they might open your case, but wouldn't open your guitar... unless the border guard plays guitar and has a really good sense of smell.

That is a really good idea. Though I don't think I'd put drugs in it. I think I'll start hiding my money in my guitars so my parents stop 'borrowing' it.

Edited by crimescenechalksketch, 08 February 2004 - 06:22 PM.

#12 Are You Experienced

Are You Experienced
  • 59 posts
  • Original Name: Are You Experienced

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (crimescenechalksketch @ Feb 8 2004, 09:21 PM)
laugh.gif Everytime i see this post up I read it again because i think its a new one about 'Mysterious Powers'.  laugh.gif

F*CK that's brilliant, you could just put some drugs in your trem plate when crossing state/international lines (by car mind you). they wouldn't check there, they might open your case, but wouldn't open your guitar... unless the border guard plays guitar and has a really good sense of smell.

That is a really good idea. Though I don't think I'd put drugs in it. I think I'll start hiding my money in my guitars so my parents stop 'borrowing' it.

wow lol pot some joints in it lol

#13 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

Laws, as effective a deterrant as broken condoms for birth contr

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  • Original Name: pimp_vince

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Are You Experienced @ Feb 8 2004, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (crimescenechalksketch @ Feb 8 2004, 09:21 PM)
laugh.gif Everytime i see this post up I read it again because i think its a new one about 'Mysterious Powers'.  laugh.gif

wow lol pot some joints in it lol

looks like you'd be switching out your "pots" a lot....

k bad joke but still....

#14 GreenManalishi

GreenManalishi

Welcome to the Electric Church

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
  • Original Name: GreenManalishi

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

Its usually saw dust or dried flux (either flux or other crap for the electronics, my dad explained something of the sort, but i was zoning out due to the happiness of new pickups!).
IPB Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...