58 replies to this topic

#41 Loopsider

Loopsider
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts
  • Original Name: Loopsider

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:33 PM

Not all rap sucks, for instance i like that one "hey ya" and what not. but having the two "loose yourself" chords with a repeat x200 in first place for popularity is ridiculous(this was a few months back).
Click for Soundclick

user posted image

Walter Giardino-Neoclassical Genius

#42 GreenManalishi

GreenManalishi

Welcome to the Electric Church

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
  • Original Name: GreenManalishi

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (drewby9000 @ Feb 8 2004, 11:28 PM)
The beatles..in fact..you can trace music through 3 bands IMHO

All music from three bands?! Oh buddy, be glad I am in too good a mood to get argumentative. At least you say it's just your opinion.

Not all music, but a lot that we call "rock". That genre..hard rock..rock..those 3 bands were integral into dividing it..and its not just my opinion..I've heard it discussed with a lot of people when I bring them up...and theres no way you can't say each of them largely influenced what I said..

You just misread it, or I misled it. Either way, im talking rock, not all music.

Cheerio mate.
IPB Image

#43 pimp_vince

pimp_vince

Laws, as effective a deterrant as broken condoms for birth contr

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
  • Original Name: pimp_vince

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (GreenManalishi @ Feb 8 2004, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (drewby9000 @ Feb 8 2004, 11:28 PM)
The beatles..in fact..you can trace music through 3 bands IMHO

All music from three bands?! Oh buddy, be glad I am in too good a mood to get argumentative. At least you say it's just your opinion.

Not all music, but a lot that we call "rock". That genre..hard rock..rock..those 3 bands were integral into dividing it..and its not just my opinion..I've heard it discussed with a lot of people when I bring them up...and theres no way you can't say each of them largely influenced what I said..

You just misread it, or I misled it. Either way, im talking rock, not all music.

Cheerio mate.

well rock does have it's roots but it lies MUCH deeper than the beatles.
probably something more accurate (if i absolutely HAD to pick three)

1. Robert Johnson
2. Chuck Berry
3. Bo Diddley

all black laugh.gif

#44 GreenManalishi

GreenManalishi

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:25 PM

Oh no no fine sir, I relegated the Beatles to pop! lol...Stones..who, as we all know, were more or less a Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley cover band for a while..lol...they started the whole mainstream rock thing..sure..this is my opinion..but when you really start tracing shyt back MAINSTREAM wise..like..what was POPULAR, then you'll see where I have derived this from

Beatles- Pop
Stones- Rock
Yardbirds- Hard Rock/Metal even
IPB Image

#45 drewby9000

drewby9000

So long and thanks for all the fish

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,391 posts
  • Original Name: drewby9000

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:34 PM

OK, good, glad to know what you meant. Although is might be possible to take punk and say it didn't really come form any of those.

Ramones-Beach Boys and various blues guys

Sex Pistols-while they did steal the instruments of the Stones, they weren't influenced by them. More like the Stooges and Chuck Berry

The Velvet Underground which sparked a good deal of punk was influenced by EARLY rock and some jazz, as well as classical and minimalistic music.

Modern Lovers-who knows where they came from?! Certainly not the top three though.

Stooges, New York Dolls, and various others are questionable about there roots, but from various covers it could be determined that is was blues.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just like to defend punk for some reason...
IPB Image

#46 GreenManalishi

GreenManalishi

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

The Doors were one of the first punk bands..and they were created b/c Jim was in love with the Stones, and really all sorts of musics..but the sheer sexuality of the Stones is what put Morrison over the edge..

And I never mentioned punk..at least true punk...pop punk is just BS and should not be mentioned ever again in this thread..got it? Good. smile.gif
IPB Image

#47 imme

imme
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,149 posts
  • Original Name: imme

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:51 PM

Up Up with peo-ple!

Awarded to Imme for outstanding dedication to Fine Signatures:

"Aren't you past the age where people have sex anyway? You're in your 40's, after all" - circuspeanuts
"You must have forgotten that we bought you ear plugs?" - Imme
"Yeeeaaahhh weelll, they didn't work very well" - circuspeanuts

#48 absolutzeppelin

absolutzeppelin
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Original Name: absolutzeppelin

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:05 PM

I'm glad this post was made.

The (justified) backlash towards the ignorant original post of this very forum shows the group of people that GTU is made of. It's good to know where all open minded and enjoy all times of music for music sake and the importance of it's history.

To the Post Starter: Shame Shame. Cheer Up, The Net is big enough to fit a few more Tabs.

#49 mojomaniac

mojomaniac
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,675 posts
  • Original Name: mojomaniac

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (glassprisoner0001 @ Feb 9 2004, 10:26 AM)
In the words of a very wise man,and possibley the greatest musician this worlds ever seen "who are we to say,our noise is better than their noise."

Damn straight! *points to sig* laugh.gif

Listen dude - music is art, art is expression: if somebody decides to express themselves through rap, then so be it. There may be bad rappers which is probably why you're mad, but the genre is full of incredible artists, such as Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dre, Jay-Z, N.W.A, Public Enemy. You can choose not to like their music, but you are nothing more than a f*cking moron when you preach to other musicians that they should not provide any notion of the genre whatsoever on a music site. If you don't like it, get over it. Or better yet, speak your mind providing solid evidence and a reasonable, persuasive argument instead of hurtling cusses and angry 3-year old tantrums at us; discussion is fun - ranting is juvenile.
[b]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>One Dead Dream <<< NEW TRACK UP!!!</span>

#50 K Richards

K Richards
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Original Name: K Richards

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:41 AM

Yeah i happen to like rap along with many other types of music u shouldnt be trying to tell people wat to tab or not. And just cuz someone's a guitarist doesnt mean they cant like rap.

#51 pauliejay

pauliejay

ad hominem ad nauseum

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts
  • Original Name: pauliejay

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:23 AM

Everyone, I apologize for saying this. I am also sorry it took me so long to reply. I was just in a pissed off mood. It is true that I do not enjoy rap or hip hop, or whatever the hell you want to call it. But if you enjoy it, play it then. Just not around me. Laugh.

I see. So I suppose I should be thankful that you're not standing in front of me with a gun when you're pissed off or else I'd be scraping my guts into a bucket while you told me you were sorry.

Try to think before shooting off your mouth.

#52 waytony

waytony
  • 29 posts
  • Original Name: waytony

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:40 AM

How can Rap and Hip Hop Tabs be a problem. That is why the Tabs a listed alphabetically by artist. It's not like you have to look at them.

#53 Are You Experienced

Are You Experienced
  • 59 posts
  • Original Name: Are You Experienced

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:48 AM

yea well not alot of people listne to led eric jimi muddy watters smile.gif stones and hte list goes on but some people that do god bless em like me but what i mean is say some kid came over to ur house says play that 50cent song and ur like okay I can let me get hte tab up and I can show u how to play it you knowwaht I mean but if your thinking I do that hellno lol

#54 stuartmerenbloom

stuartmerenbloom
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Original Name: stuartmerenbloom

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:54 AM

I'm really dismayed to see this in our forum. Even though ALL of us are entitled to our opinions, there is a time and place for everything. Using the "N" word is crossing the line.

#55 Are You Experienced

Are You Experienced
  • 59 posts
  • Original Name: Are You Experienced

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (stuartmerenbloom @ Feb 9 2004, 07:54 AM)
I'm really dismayed to see this in our forum. Even though ALL of us are entitled to our opinions, there is a time and place for everything. Using the "N" word is crossing the line.

that what said please at least lock this thread and or dlete it so it dont give gtu a bad name

#56 circle

circle
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Original Name: circle

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Are You Experienced @ Feb 9 2004, 03:16 AM)
LOL I understand you should have never ever said the ######ing "N" word you are very ignorant if u like the guitar you world have never said that jimi hendrix young black man and best guitarist ever and what about bb king you are a descries to the guitar community and the people that are reading this thread are in disgust with you are a descries I hope our IP gets banned for being an assholke and so ignorant you obviously donít like the guitar because blues made rock and omg on black history month burn you piece of ######ing ###### ... guitar tabs should ban you and if they donít they are allowing racism and I know they will not stand for that so basically ur ass is banned for being gay and I will certanmily be asking the owner of GT so they can give me ur IP so I can get ur ass banned from mxtabs

i passed out twice reading that.

#57 quigs

quigs

Yup.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,608 posts
  • Original Name: quigs

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (GreenManalishi @ Feb 8 2004, 10:29 PM)
[email protected] of you..when the guitarist from the Roots is easily better than 90% of the current guitar players out there, and prolly everyone who posted in this thread.

So true, that whole group has some of the best musicians I have ever heard.
user posted image

GO RED SOX!!!!!!

View Post

#58 misterhat

misterhat

I am your leader. Follow me.

• GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,166 posts
  • Original Name: misterhat

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (carsonb @ Feb 9 2004, 04:23 AM)
QUOTE (youstolemynewspaper @ Feb 8 2004, 11:43 PM)
WITHOUT NIGGERS WE WOULDN'T HAVE BLUES THUS WE WOULDN'T HAVE ROCK YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER

[COLOR=red]Niggers aren't another name for black people, they are a stereotype. A fried-chicken eating, malt-liqour drinking, white women loving stereotype.[/COLOR]

I sometimes eat fried chicken. Once in a blue moon I will drink a forty of King Kobra. And I love a white woman. Does that make me a nigga?

#59 dadfad

dadfad

dadfad

• Ombudsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,108 posts
  • Donator:Yes, Once
  • Original Name: dadfad

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:34 AM

I'm gonna lock this topic so it will float off the page. I'm not going to delete it outright because there are some good responses to this. He's been officially warned. A copy of his warning....

You can't use disparaging comments with regard to race. Even though you say you aren't a racist (and I don't like rap myself) you still have to use discretion in your language on the site. And actually the topic itself is a Discussion Forum related topic, not Guitar Q and A. I haven't banned you (although some mods might have) but this is a warning.

Un-plugged is not the same as never-was-plugged-in-to-begin-with.

John Jackson -My Teacher and My Old Friend

When the roll is called up yonder he'll be there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...