6 replies to this topic

#1 ida3

ida3
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts
  • Original Name: ida3

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

in that past few months, i've decided that i'm going to spend the rest of my life playing guitar, and to be able to successfully do that, i'm probably going to need some sort of education in the music field. i really want to go to a college and be involved in a music program of some sort, but i dont know how to start planning for that except to keep practicing. i'm sophmore in high school, so it gives me about 2 and a half years to get ready for college. what steps should i be taking in order to be able to be accepted into one? has anyone else studied music in a university or conservatory or something like that? i've been doing some reading on it and all i've learned is that it's really competative. so words of wisdom would be appreciated. lordy, i'im scared sad.gif

#2 annoying_2001

annoying_2001
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Original Name: annoying_2001

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:41 PM

berkely college of music, and i have no idea how to get in there.
user posted image
yeah, he's that cool

#3 ida3

ida3
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (annoying_2001 @ Feb 9 2004, 03:41 AM)
berkely college of music, and i have no idea how to get in there.

yea i know of that school...did u wanna say anything about it or were u just listing a college?

#4 annoying_2001

annoying_2001
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Original Name: annoying_2001

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:45 PM

i suppose i'll say something,

from there u can pretty much have a career as a musician or producer or anything along those lines. but being a musician, chances are a studio musician, but it'll pay the bills and u can still get grammys. i wouldn't mind going there, that is if i didn't suck.
user posted image
yeah, he's that cool

#5 ida3

ida3
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (annoying_2001 @ Feb 9 2004, 03:45 AM)
i suppose i'll say something,

from there u can pretty much have a career as a musician or producer or anything along those lines.  but being a musician, chances are a studio musician, but it'll pay the bills and u can still get grammys.  i wouldn't mind going there, that is if i didn't suck.

hell i dont think any musician would mind going there. that'd be a fvcking dream for me! i dont care about money, i just want to be successful at something i love

#6 youstolemynewspaper

youstolemynewspaper
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Original Name: youstolemynewspaper

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

i think you have to audition to major in music at college

thats how it is at texas a&m(if i read it right) which is where im going

#7 nyymouse

nyymouse
  • GZ Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Original Name: nyymouse

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:20 PM

Getting into Berkely really is not that hard to do, getting out of Berkley and getting a well paid job, that is very tough to do.

I am thinking of going to Berkley myself, but I'm not sure if I wanna be a struggling musician. You barely need grades in High School, but at least two references from music teachers, and at least two and a half years of private musical teachings. (You being taught, not teaching someone else.) I'm pretty much set, considering I've taken guitar lessons from the last two years from a graduate from Berkley and one of the only music producers in the state of VT, my guitar tacher at school also a grad from Berkley, and the man I play guitar with at church being friends with the dean. If you need connections, I can get ya there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please consider donating to GuitarZone.com.
With more and more people using ad blocking add-ons for browsers, ad revenue has plummeted.
If you can spare even US$5 it would mean a lot to help pay for GZ's monthly server bill.
Thank you to all. Cheers! --Rob

Method #1: PayPal

Click 'Donate' above
to donate with any
major credit card or
existing PayPal funds.

E-mail on record with PayPal
[ ]

Method #2: Bitcoin

Option A )  Scan Bitcoin QR Code

Scan above box with mobile phone, or click...

Option B )  Copy and Paste Bitcoin Address

13NA7exoZVPGBAxnKXcQAz35JQ5PvnhYDE  

Copy above address and paste into Bitcoin app...

Learn more about Bitcoin...